New Year’s is a time for self-growth and new beginnings. The perfect time to start a new business venture, better an old one, or implement that new habit you’ve been wanting to work on. Need some inspo? We’ve compiled a list of the perfect New Year’s resolutions for entrepreneurs to set themselves up for success.
Improve Your Time Management
There are a plethora of New Year’s resolutions that fit under the umbrella of improving your time management. Whether you want to improve your work-life balance and start fitting in more “me time”, increase your productivity, or simply organize your daily tasks more efficiently, improving your time management is a great way to start off the New Year.
- Start setting realistic goals: Ever heard the term “don’t bite off more than you can chew? Sometimes when we create goals or schedule tasks to be completed in an unrealistic amount of time, we become overwhelmed and end up digressing rather than progressing our productivity. This New Year, try setting your bigger goals for the year, then break them down into smaller steps to achieve the goal on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis.
- Plan out time for yourself: As an entrepreneur, it is very easy to get so wrapped up in work that you have no time for yourself. But, overworking yourself can lead to high levels of stress and decrease your overall productivity. Try scheduling one hour a day into your planner for a workout, journaling session, reading a book, or whatever relaxes you. This way you can ensure that you are taking the time to relax and recharge but are still completing your daily tasks. Check out Quotable articles Winding Down and Winding Up- How to be the most productive Without Hustling 24/7 and Natural Methods to Cope with Stress and Anxiety for more tips and tricks!
- Get organized: With a clear idea of your plan for the day, what needs to get done, and where things are, you are well on your way to a more productive lifestyle! This year, try out new planning tools to organize your tasks whether it’s a physical planner or a digital one from the Quotable article, 10 Best Online Organizational Platforms to Improve Productivity.
Change up your look
Something as simple as changing up your look or your space can be just what you need to start the New Year on the right foot. A subtle change in your appearance can serve as the perfect way to initiate the growth and change you’re seeking in the New Year!
- Invest in some new work clothes: Consider experimenting with textures, patterns, and accessories to add a touch of flair to your daily routine. This is the perfect time to step out of your comfort zone and discover the version of yourself that’s been waiting to emerge. Don’t be afraid to mix and match, layer, and play with different elements to create a look that truly reflects your unique personality. After all, a change in your surroundings can lead to a change in perspective, and what better way to kick off the year than with a refreshed and revitalized sense of self? Check out the Quotable article Comfortable + Cute Work Clothes to Buy on Amazon for some affordable, but good quality items to revamp your work attire.
- Refresh your workspace: Create a cozy, yet productive ambiance in your office to start the year off. Start by cleaning out your space: clean out your drawers, and incorporate smart storage solutions to declutter your desk, allowing for a more organized and efficient workflow. Next, check out 10 Things You Need from Amazon This Fall to find inspo for new office essentials you can buy to add some flair to your workspace.
Develop a New Skill
What is something that you’ve always wanted to improve upon, but never got around to? The New Year is the perfect time to get started! There are so many skills you can adopt that will help your business grow.
- Social Media: The best way to evolve your business ventures in the digital age is to grow your social media. Whether you want to grow your personal brand, work on engaging brand content with social media posts, or become more interactive with your audience through social media, all are great ways to give your business a boost for the New Year. Check out Social Media Tips to Grow Your Business and PR Principles to Enact in Your Everyday Life to learn more about developing social media skills.
- Grow your financial skills: Improving and organizing your finances can be at the top of an entrepreneur’s checklist year in and year out. Check out Quotable Magazines tools to enhance your financial situation this year: 5 Ways to be Less Scared to Talk about Money. Uncover practical tips and strategies to navigate financial conversations with confidence, empowering yourself to make informed decisions for a more secure financial future. Let this be the year you not only manage your finances effectively but also gain the knowledge and courage to discuss money matters openly.