Jane Stoller’s love for organizing began on a small farm in Seeley’s Bay, Ontario, Canada, where she grew up. As a young girl, she was often found happily lining up her cats by size, her stuffed animals by color, and her parent’s books by publication date. Soon, friends began turning to Jane for guidance on how to part with cluttered sentimental items. Jane wrote her first book in 2016 to help friends get more organized. It ultimately gained international attention, and this allowed Jane to turn her passion into a profitable business, Organized Jane. Now, a life-biz organizer, speaker, author and university instructor whose passion is in decluttering spaces and organizing business processes, her mission is to help people and businesses cut through the clutter to gain clarity.

Here, Jane shares with us some insight into what it’s like being Organized Jane, and 5 tips we all can use for staying organized in business and life this summer.

First of all, tell us: how did you get so good at decluttering?

In my research I have found that between the ages of six and ten we start showing habits of being either organized or disorganized. I was naturally an organizer and I also credit much of this to
my Swiss roots. Switzerland is a very organized country and it is tiny, so naturally you have less “stuff”. However, I, like anyone, can still struggle with decluttering items and have to go back to my own advice and books to help myself out!

What does your day-to-day look like?

80% of my time is spent on my signature coaching program, my Business Booster Course, which is six-steps on how to organize the back-end of your business. The other 20% of my time is spent on speaking and workshops, both lifestyle and corporate focused. Whether you are trying to organize your business or your life, I always say that everything starts with the closet. It
is the first thing we see every morning, and it is essential to get that properly set up. I still help many people virtually with this. I don’t go into people’s home’s anymore but I refer clients to many other professional organizers that I know and trust all over North America!

What do people take away from working with Organized Jane?

The biggest outcome is a mindset shift. Many people come to me and say, “I am just not organized,” or “I can never be organized.” This is simply not true and with some simple techniques we can shift this so they don’t even think about organizing anymore, it just comes naturally!

Here are my top five tips to stay organized in your business + life this Summer!
  1. Review where you are spending your time in your personal and business life. Summer is very precious, especially for my fellow Canadians and those on the East Coast of the U.S.! I also have an organized packing list that I send to all clients for trips!
  2. Declutter all Summer. Many of us Spring clean, but keep the momentum going. Keep a bin in your house and declutter everyday if possible. I recommend keeping a simple declutter + donate box in your bedroom or closet so that organizing stays top of mind.
  3. Go digital! Summer is too hot and sticky for paper so start digitizing your receipts (for business and personal) as a first step. I have a free guide on how to do this on my website.
  4. Make a photo date every month to go through your previous month’s photos. A lot of trips usually take place in the Summer. Start deleting and making albums monthly so you can actually find them in a few months’ time.
  5. Shop less + shop sustainably, and we can hopefully continue this trend beyond Summer.

Find Jane


Photo credit: Alyssa Rae Photography

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *